Thomas M. Van Camp
Pinehurst, North Carolina Attorney
Areas of Practice
Civil Litigation, Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death, Civil Rights Litigation, Construction Law, Insurance Litigation, Employment Law, Appellate Practice
Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 1989
- Law Review: Wake Forest Law Review, 1988-1989
Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 1986
Professional Associations and Memberships:
20th Judicial District Bar
20th Judicial District Bar
Moore County Bar Association
North Carolina Bar Association
American Bar Association
North Carolina State Bar
North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Phone: (910) 295-2525
- Toll-Free: (877) 288-6557
- Fax: (910) 235-0233
Tom is the founder of Sandhills Patriots, Inc., a non-profit organization serving the youth of Moore County and surrounding areas since 2009. Along with managing the organization and coaching the Patriots’ Varsity team, Tom is also active with both fundraising and community service for the organization. Tom also enjoys the outdoors, including hiking, mountain climbing and landscaping.
- Named in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America™
Thomas M. Van Camp of Van Camp, Meacham & Newman, PLLC was recently selected for inclusion in the 2013 Best Lawyers in America™ listing, 19th edition, for his work in the practice area of Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants. Selection for Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive and rigorous peer-review survey comprising evaluations by the top attorneys in the country. The publication is considered within the profession as a singular honor and the list has earned the respect of the legal field, the media, and the public, as one of the most reliable, unbiased sources of legal referrals in the country.
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2013 Raleigh Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants “Lawyer of the Year”
Lawyers being honored as “Lawyer of the Year” are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the exhaustive peer-review assessments which are conducted with thousands of leading lawyers each year. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant.
- American Trial Lawyers – Top Litigator, 2014
- American Society of Legal Advocates – Top 100 Litigation Layers, 2014
- Named in 2017 as one of the Top 100 Lawyers for Civil Plaintiff by The National Trial Lawyers.
- Named in 2017, 2018 and 2019 as one of the “10 Best” Attorney’s for Client Satisfaction by The American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- North Carolina, 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1998